Saturday, July 19, 2008

Taco Enchilada Casserole

1 1/4 lb. ground turkey
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can olives, sliced
1 pkg. shredded cheese (any kind you like)
1 can tomato sauce (you can also use spaghetti or pizza sauce)
6 tortillas
Garlic salt
Onion salt
Italian seasoning
Ceyenne pepper
Salsa (optional)
Sour cream ( optional)

Brown meat and taco seasoning. Heat tomato sauce and all seasonings over medium heat until warm. (I don't measure so just season to taste.) Cut tortillas into quarters, (you will use 2 per layer). In a medium cake pan or casserole dish, begin layering shells, 1/3 of the cheese, 1/2 of the olives, sauce, and meat. Make another layer in the same way, reserving some cheese to put on top. On the last layer, use up the rest of the shells and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until cheese melts and the top layer of shells are golden brown. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired. (I like to put Ranch dressing on mine.)

I hope this makes sense. I kind of came up with this one on my own, so it is my first time making up a recipe.

No comments: