Saturday, July 19, 2008

Enchilada Casserole

2 Lbs. Lean Ground Beef
1 med. onion, chopped. ( I use dehydrated onions or onion powder)
1 clove of garlic, minced (I use 1 tsp garlic powder)
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 to 3 tbsp chili powder or to taste
Salt and Pepper
8 flour tortillas
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 c. Milk
2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown beef, onion and garlic. Add tomato sauce and chili powder; salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Line with 2 tortillas. Cover with 1/3 of meat mixture and cheese. Layer 2 more times beginning with tortillas, meat mixtureand cheese. Top with 2 more tortillas. Combie soup and milk. Pour over top of tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. ( Can also be baked in casserole dish in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

BettyMarieJones said...

That is a lot like the one I make in the oven. I was going to post that one, but I am afraid it would be too much like yours. Although, I do add different things to it, so it might not matter.