Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Spinach Souffle'

3 eggs - Slightly beaten
8 ounces of cottage cheese
1 cup of diced cheddar cheese
¼ cup of butter
3 tbs of flour
¼ cup of buttermilk
½ package of frozen spinach
Mix all ingredients together and bake
At 350 for 45-60 minutes.
(Insert a toothpick in center to insure that it's not soupy)


This is a recipe my mother made for my daughter
when she was about 5 years old. My daughter has
continued to make it every Thanksgiving
and randomly throughout the year.
It is delicious - even if you don’t like spinach - and
I don’t. But you can substitute broccoli if you
feel the need to.

2 comments:

Jennifer White said...

I don't like spinach either, but it still sounds good.

Marsha Hiatt said...

I forgot to add that if you don't have buttermilk - not a common ingredient - you can put a splash of either vinegar or lemon juice in with your 1/4 cup of milk and it will curdle it right up for you.